The mission of Sustainable Midlands is to encourage responsible growth, ensure access to local food and establish a healthy environment for all Midlands communities.
Sustainable Midlands is dedicated to:
- Neighborhood design principles of New Urbanism
- Transportation Planning
- Working to Educate & Engage Our Citizens in Sustainable Practices
- Smart Use and Conservation of Natural Resources
- Local Food Production
- Encourage a Buy Local Mentality
- Promoting Alternative Energy & Energy Efficient Solutions
The key to strong communities is citizen participation. When elected officials, planners, developers, business leaders, non-profit leaders and citizens work together to plan our region, everyone benefits.
Let’s grow smarter: Let’s link land use and transportation solutions, reinvest in our neighborhoods, and encourage lifestyle choices that protect our air and water and preserve our farms, forests, and open spaces. To read more about Sustainable Communities, click here.
For more information contact Sustainable Midlands at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 803-470-4302.